XenForo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tyler, Sep 16, 2013.

1. tyler

tyler Staff
    Staff Member

As you've most likely noticed, we've moved from IPBoard to Xenforo.

Xenforo gives us a more professional image and it runs much faster.

What are your thoughts?

mau likes this.
  2. ColdFusion

ColdFusion Member

I think IPB was better;)

3. tyler

tyler Staff
    Staff Member

How so? What do you like about IPB?

4. ColdFusion

ColdFusion Member

IPB is the best paid forum script. It's updates are released more frequently then the others and security updates are issued whenever necessary, unlike vB or xF. :)

5. tyler

tyler Staff
    Staff Member

So far we've loving XenForo, it's so much faster than IPB. I'm not sure how fast pages load for you but it's almost instant for us, while IPB would take a few seconds to render.

6. ColdFusion

ColdFusion Member

I have very fast internet - 1Gbit/s optical:) In my country we have fastest internet in Europe which is available for home users. You can check this out http://lattelecom.lv/majai/internets/ So webpages for me loading very fast. By the way i like XenForo lightweight/clean design;)

7. billybee

billybee New Member

I've been a long time forum user. I own IPB license and have moderated a few vB forums. I've read a lot of comparison reviews for IPB, vB and XenForo. I think XenForo is great and it is preferred by many great programmers, small to medium size forums that simply does not need extra features offered the paid forum software. The colors and layout looks excellent. Good speeds. It serves the function very well - no complaints here!

8. Jason5

Jason5 Member

I too love Xenforo and nice you people moved to this. I always wanted to buy a Xenforo and i am waiting for the right time

Nicholas and Sergio Duran like this.
  9. Nicholas

Nicholas Moderator

Since we're on the topic.. After using both for a 5+ years, my favorite for the end user has to be Xenforo. IP.Board has a killer administration panel, and I find Xenforo is lacking in this area. Xenforo has all the great User/Moderator features built in, and it's rare that you need to purchase a plugin to get a basic feature. I haven't touched IP.Board since 4.0 came out, so it may be more feature packed at this point.. I guess it comes down to what you want to do with your forum software. If you're running a basic forum, pick up SMF or Xen. If you're running a huge community with tonnes of social features, pick up IP.Board.

10. Jason5

Jason5 Member

I am running a simple forum and as of now i don't need any addons or plugins. I use ElkArte forum software, resembling Xenforo..

Nicholas likes this.
  11. Jason5

Jason5 Member

Glad to say that i got myself a Xenforo license and my forum is currently powered by it

Nicholas likes this.
  12. namhoang

namhoang New Member

xenforo the best forum